I am a social and cultural researcher, focusing on Irish migrant communities living in the United Kingdom.
I completed my MRes which focused on Irish women’s identity in London and the surrounding areas at Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design and Technology in 2022. My masters work used fieldwork, photography, moving image and archival methods to explore the ways that female immigrant identities are influenced, shaped, and adapted within London and the surrounding area.
My freelance research builds upon some of these themes, focusing on social sciences and identity. My work increasingly considers the agency and impact of migrant women in public spaces.
I tweet from @AislingKeavey.
I am available for freelance research, archiving and consultancy work. If you would like to discuss your project/requirements, please get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter. I specialise in the history of the Irish diaspora and Ireland but have experience researching a number of time periods and institutions.
Freelance research assistant, The Mission to End Leprosy, remote, June 2021 – November 2022
- Research into various aspects of social sciences, philanthropy and disability studies
- Literature review of material
- Proofreading of articles for publication
Reviewer, JAWS Journal, Peer-reviewed academic journal of arts writing by students, 2018 – present
Archive assistant, Imperial War Museum, London September – November 2018
- Assisted in processing the recent acquisition of the museum of the Tim Hetherington archive
- Administrative support to the project team
- Catalogued the archive following Spectrum standards, data entry of catalogue records
Artwork Cataloguer, Rightsize Ltd, London UK June 2018
- Inventory of Bauhaus artist Herbert Bayer’s preparatory drawings and sketchbooks
- Digitisation of sketchbook pages, measuring and cataloging of pages, ensuring archival storage of pages
- Initial archive system development for some 1600 pages of sketchbooks and drawings
- Digital asset management development using Adobe Lightroom for digitised pages
Freelance Media Editor, The Medical Frontier™ Ltd London, UK, 2016 – 2018
- The Medical Frontier is home to the latest Medical news articles from around the world. It incorporates a blend of cutting edge Medical, Biotechnological, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical publications to keep you up to date on current research.
- Formatting and editing photographs for upcoming posts on the Medical Frontier website.
- Acquiring photographs for upcoming posts.
Archivist, The Precursor Project, London UK, Jul 2016 – Jan 2018
- Archivist and assistant on the Precursor Project,
- helping to create an archive system for the photographs that works in the long term
- helping with social media, workshops, zine design